Monday 11 April, 2011

A lovely pot of spring!

What lovely weather here in the UK. I am simply loving it, it is almost like spring and summer have rolled into one with super long days and glorious sunshine. Last week did not go too well for me, being sick and all, but this week it is much better. I feel almost normal and ready to get back into the groove of things.

Photographs of some of the interesting things we have been doing in the last few weeks.

After ages of wanting to play the piano (precisely 27 years in his words), my husband has finally bought this. Even since he was a little boy, he has been fascinated with pianos, but never got the chance to learn to play it. Finally after much research on the internet, he decided to start with this second hand one. We traveled for two hours on the train to go pick this up. And ever since it has come home, my husband has been at it. His excitement is pretty contagious! Not that I am planning to play the piano or anything like that.

Our new replacement vase has finally come in. The old one broke in an accident. I am mighty pleased with this one. I have stuffed some potpourri in this one and the room smells so nice.

Few weeks back, I picked up a ceramic jug and ever since I have been planning to create a flower arrangement like this. Finally did it. So now we have a little pot of spring in our home!

Projects underway: A flower basket for our backyard, getting the BBQ grill started, mounting a canvas for the sitting room and oh yes I have bought a jewelery making kit, so tinkering with beads and all.

2 comments:

  1. that's my piano and that's my hand .... yaayyyyy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry I forgot to mention....the hand belongs to Mr Indranil Datta :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, thanks for your comment, let me take a peek and I will soon post it. Cheers!