Sunday 22 August, 2010

Lavender....


Ever since we moved to the UK, I have been eying the lavender bunches in flower shops wanting to buy them. But I did not know how to preserve them hence was hesitating.

I told this to my manager J, who it turned out has more lavender in her garden that she knows what to do with. So she promised to get me some. She told me to shake the lavenders from the stems and to put them in small bags which then can be kept with clothes. So this is what I did with the lavender bunch. After stuffing four bags, I still had some lavender left, so made two small pot pourris for our two rooms. The one in the sitting room does not smell much, but the one in the bed room smells heavenly and yesterday during my bed time read I could smell the lavender. It felt really nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for your comment, let me take a peek and I will soon post it. Cheers!