Wednesday 11 November, 2009

Spooky November...

I look outside the window...
The world is shrouded in mist...
All grey and sombre...
A gull flies past,
A flash of brilliant white...
The trees, shillouetted, looks eerie,
The bridge, a little distance away, looks swathed in mystery...
An occasional passerby, huddled in coat, muffler and cap...
Quickly walks by, eager to be home...
No wonder they celebrate spooky Halloween around this time...
Following the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain...

My imagination takes a flying leap...
This is the ideal time...
For Count Dracula to come out of his castle...
Or the Wicked Witch of the West to cast her spell...
Or the Devil to land on earth...
I am sure they are taking advantage of the mist and the grey...
To do their evil deeds...
I shudder from my own thoughts...
I shake my head to clear my silly thoughts...

Nah I tell myself, this  is just how the weather is,
In this Island...
With smaller days,
Less light...
Chilly wind and cold rain...
This is November...
With promises of December...
Of colder days...
Chillier winds...
But December has its own story...
Of Christmas and joy...
It is November which is spooky...
And which I enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. Loved this....you are a true blue Bong, darling!! Poetry runs in your blood and you just cannot help it....Lucky me that I get to read....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muthu.....once upon a time there were two silly girls....one wrote silly stuff and the other appreciated them.....they are you and me :)....

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, thanks for your comment, let me take a peek and I will soon post it. Cheers!