Tuesday 16 September, 2008

Reading Shantaram...

Well well well...how life changes.
My flatmates Anubha and Jayshree have become readoholics and for the last one month or so I have not read anything substantial. The only book I finished was a M&B and that too took 2 weeks when I have a consistent record of finishing a standard M&B of 180 pages in 1 hour.
Right now both my flatmates are reading Shantaram. Jayshree started first. She was all gaga for it and used to make Anubha and me read bits and parts of it. We even sat in Barcos, a Chinese resturant reading part of Shantaram aloud and laughing helplessly over it. For those of you who have read the book it the part about how men in India wear under underwear. Since the book is a heavy one Jayshree could not lug it around with her to the various courts she goes to, so she downloaded the soft copy. Wheneven she gets a little time in office between her cleitns and drafting she is into Shantaram.
Jayshree has forwarded this copy to Anubha and now they are both deep into it. Everytime we three are together these two go off discussing the book. Usually I am the one who has read a book and knows all about it. So this is indeed a very new sensation where I do not know about a particular book and have nothing to contribute. It is a strange feeling being in the unknown and being dumb forced by circumstances.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book have read it twice and i think i can read it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual have the book but have not read it.....thanks for the interest generated. Tell Jayshree that it is so infectious that it had reached Bangalore!!! Will read it after I finish "Rebecca". Have been at it for about a month now

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, thanks for your comment, let me take a peek and I will soon post it. Cheers!