Monday 23 June, 2008

Blog World


I have been meaning to write about Khaled Hosseini’s ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’. I finished reading it Friday night and on Saturday I was itching but didn’t have the book with me. And I wanted to quote several lines so couldn’t write. I was told that I could get the quotes from Amazon, tired but could not find and so characteristically lost patience. Now Monday and I here I am trying to write about this fabulous book. The splendid sun is out in its fully glory making Delhi hot; even this is not inspiring me. All I feel is sleepy and drained.


So in order to motivate myself I started just browsing through strangers’ blogs randomly and what I saw made me sit up. I felt like I am peeping inside a kalaidoscope. The sheer varienty and vibrancy of the blogs is mind blogging. Some of the blogs are so beautiful they almost force you to sit up and pay attention; they are real visual treat, full of striking photographs. I came across blogs written in Hindi, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, and Chinese and many more languages, which I don’t even know how to decipher. I read about a surfer, a motor bike racer, a preteen girl getting bored over long lazy summer, busy women who are practicing mothers, wives, professionals and yet has time to sew and knit, dog lovers, photographers, sailor, jilted lover, violently happy lover and many more. Browsing through about 50 odd blogs opened up this whole new world to me—a world of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. My salute to all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for your comment, let me take a peek and I will soon post it. Cheers!